|Basic Public Library Administration|
Event Type: Five-Day Core Workshop|
Start Time: 9:30 AM
End Time: 3:00 PM
This workshop is designed for someone who is or will be running a Vermont public library. It offers a look at the political, philosophical, and practical questions of public librarianship:
- What are the legal and ethical demands of librarianship?
- What are the roles of trustees, librarians, Friends, and town officials?
- What are the services provided by a 21st Century library?
- How can we use limited resources wisely?
- How can we work with staff, volunteers, the community, and public effectively?
- How can we advocate effectively for our libraries?
Everyone attending the workshop brings past experiences to it, and we plan to spend a part of each session sharing those experiences and opinions. Guest speakers will offer their views as well. There will be short assignments between sessions.
Location: Aldrich Library, Barre
Registration Ends: 7/4/2011 at 12:00 AM
DOL certification credits: 25Contact: Mara Siegel
Bring your lunch
Contact Number: 802-828-2727
Presenter: Rob Geiszler
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 7/4/2011 at 12:00 AM.